- 1 The ministry has decided to conduct single engineering entrance test every year and it will be designed in a way that the linguistic diversity of the country is taken into consideration
The ministry has decided to conduct single engineering entrance test every year and it will be designed in a way that the linguistic diversity of the country is taken into consideration
- Bihar plus two exams 2017: Bar coding to be used in answer sheets
- Shahnaz Husain’s detailed interview makes its way into Harvard University curriculum
- 10,285 vacancies for teachers in Kendriya Vidyalayas: Prakash Javadekar
- CBSE: Three language subjects may become compulsory for Class 10 boards by 2020
- Roll back age criteria for NEET 2017: Petition filed in apex court
On the lines of NEET-examination, a single engineering entrance examinations will be conducted for admission into engineering colleges from the academic year 2018-19.
It is learnt that the coveted IITs, for which a nationwide competitive examinations are held, may also be brought in under the ambit of the new test.
HRD sets stage for one engineering entrance exam:
The HRD ministry has recently asked the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to explain and mention suitable norms for holding such an exercise.
The HRD ministry has told the AICTE that the proposal is in line with the government’s policy and it could incorporate suitable regulations to enable the holding of such a test, sources said.
The AICTE, oversees the aspects related to technical education in the country, had discussed at a recent meeting proposal for having a single entrance test for engineering colleges for undergraduate courses
Single Engineering Entrance Exam to be conducted multiple times every year:
The ministry has taken this decision to bring in greater transparency, maintain higher standards and also try to ensure that students are saved from the burden of taking too many tests, the sources said. The ministry is also in favour of seeking constructive suggestions from states and Deemed Universities for the successful holding of such a test, they added.
It has also been decided that the single entrance test would be conducted multiple times every year and it will be designed in a way that the linguistic diversity of the country is taken into consideration, the sources said.
A common NEET exam for admission to medical colleges already exists, but there are a number of exams for entrance into engineering colleges.