It is said that the proposal to hold the meet came after the group of directors entering a discussion in a meeting held at IIT-Kanpur in the recent times.
- More students see CBSE syllabus as a ticket to NEET
- Maharashtra government will now regulate pre-schools
- Women empowerment in India only possible through education: President
- India’s food production to double in next decade: Rajasthan now has 258 food processing start-ups
- BCI to explain its stand on attendance relaxation rules: Delhi High Court
In order to provide a verdant platform for the smartest of students across the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) to compete in various events, the premier institutes has, of late, decided to hold an ‘Inter-IIT Tech Meet’ every year.
It is said that the proposal to hold the meet came after the group of directors entered into a discussion held at IIT-Kanpur in the recent times.
“While many of the IITs hold their tech fests, a proposal to hold a joint technology meet was discussed in a meeting of Directors of these institutes held at Kanpur campus earlier this month,” sources told PTI.
More on the news:
- Sources said that while the Directors were enthusiastic about the idea, the funds and logistics involved were also factored in.
- “The Directors felt that at the moment holding a separate stand-alone meet may not be feasible but as a pilot project the idea should be taken up. The idea is that an inter-IIT meet can clubbed with the annual tech fest of one of these institutions,” a source said
- It is learnt that the initial phase the inter-IIT tech fest may be clubbed with the fests held by one of the older IITs
- “The inter-IIT Tech fest may be held each year in rotation by expanding the tech-fest by one more day in which all IITs may participate and compete like the inter-IIT sports meet,” the source added.