Next year, the civil services preliminary examination will be held in June instead of August. After a gap of three years, the commission will be conducting the examination in the month of June.
As per the commission’s calender for examination, the civil services preliminary examination is scheduled to be held on June 18.
UPSC Civil Services Prelims to be held on June 18: More on the reports
- According to a senior UPSC official, the preliminary examinations for 2014, 2015, 2016 were held in the month of August
- “The preliminary exam will be held early in June this year. The decision has been taken to ensure that the entire process of the examination is completed in time,” he said
- The preliminary exam for 2013 was held on May 26 that year
- The civil services examination is conducted annually by the UPSC in three stages — preliminary, main and interview — to select officers for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS), among others
- Thousands of candidates take the test every year at various centres across the country
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is an organisation that works under the central government to recruit staff for various posts in the various ministries and departments, and in subordinate offices. The commission also conducts examinations for the recruitment in various departments of the state.